Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day 8: Book I Like and don't

Today's blog is about a book I like and a book I don't. I will also be saying why I like and dislike about the books. I don't really dislike any book. I still haven't met a book I didn't like so in place of the book I dislike I will be mentioning a book I thought was interesting but hard to wrap my head around at times, ones that confused me. Some books I read are just harder to read than others. Those are the one's I would put in the "dislike" category even though I really don't dislike them completely.

The book I like that I will talk about is IT by Stephen King. My favorite Character out of the book is Pennywise, One thing I find interesting not only in books but in life is that fact that people let their fears control and consume them. In this book I feel that is what the author was trying to portray with IT/Pennywise being drawn to the children's fears. The "Shape-shifting" of IT described in the book to me was a way for King to show that fear comes in different ways.

The book I couldn't wrap my head around is Black Notice from Patricia Cornwell. I will say I like how it has the feel of the TV show Bones. I did not finish this book. Not because it was bad, I think it as interesting. I just got confused on something that was near the beginning of the book. I also had alot of things on my mind when I tried to read it. The part that confused me was when the main character was heading to a crime scene and went to get an unmarked car a detective said she could use his car, which was a sports car. She said that would be a good idea but a few sentences later she is showing up in her car. I thought she was going in his. So I stopped reading for a while. now that my life is a bit calmer again. I will finish it.


links to previous days of challenge:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7





No comments:

Post a Comment