Friday, October 23, 2015

Day 3 : First love and first kiss

Today's challenge is to write about my first love and first kiss ; if different , discuss both. For  me my first kiss and first love are separate. they actually happened many years apart and in different states.

My first Kiss:

As a teenager I was what you would call a tomboy. I was the son my brother never was. I helped my dad work on the cars, re-shingle the roof. put up paneling in the attic, things like that. My brother was slightly disturbed though no one in the family but me noticed, but that is a whole other story. Anyway I always considered myself "one of the guys" I wasn't interested in dating or even thought of guys in a romantic way when I was a teenager. My dad even thought I was a lesbian because I wasn't dating anyone. He even had the nerve to tell me to have sex with a boy when I was sixteen because he was worried about me. Anyway back to the first kiss, while I was hanging out with my male friends and few females I knew we were drinking and playing a game of truth & dare. Every time I had to pick truth or dare they kept asking very personal questions about my messed up life I really didn't want to answer so I finally picked a dare. Now you are probably wondering what a game of truth or dare has to do with a first kiss, it has everything to do with it. The game is how the kiss even happened. The time I picked dare I was dared to kiss a real good friend of mine named J.B. he was the sweetest kid I met. He always stood up for me even when I didn't want or expect someone to. He was however a couple years younger than me. I didn't want to do the dare but they told me it was that or do truth. I didn't want to keep answering questions about my mom so I finally said "OK come on let's get this over with" my first kiss was a quick peck on the lips, but it ruined that friendship. He liked me and I didn't like him like that so we just stopped hanging out together. As the years went on if we ran into each other we would just say hi and keep walking. I  miss him as a friend.

My first Love:

I had my first boyfriend when I was 18 and I was with him for 3 years and no he wasn't my first love. I just wanted to express the age of my first relationship to help explain about my first love. After a 3 year relationship, a 1 year marriage, a 6 year relationship and a very short abusive relationship, with a few years of being single between each relationship I moved from Pennsylvania to Louisiana.
Once I was in Louisiana I met yet another man that wasn't good for me but I felt so unloved and unwanted when he gave me attention I liked the attention he gave me at first. of course as in all abusive relationships the good doesn't last. That relationship didn't last long thanks to Hurricane Katrina. I lost my home at that point and I relocated to Shreveport from New Orleans. I started over once again. I got a job at Taco Bell, rented nice house not far from work and life was good. Then one day while I was at work I was running the register that night. Not long before the dining area was supposed to close in walk 3 people to get some food. It was 2 guys and a girl. The girl sits down and the two guys come to the register to order. The older of the two was looking at his phone and sending a text. the younger one, which I found out later was the older one's brother, order the food. he order the 10 taco combo, He told me they wanted 5 hard and 5 soft. He asked his brother, who I found out he name was Nick, if he wanted soft. Nick looks up, looks at me and says, "I like it hard". I was having a bad day and that made my night., I started laughing with what he said than confirmed they wanted 10 hard shelled tacos and 2 burritos.

When their food is ready the sit down and eat. Nick keeps staring at me as I was working. I didn't think anything of it because I thought no one would ever be interested in me. I cleaned most of the lobby while they ate and took orders as people came in with take out orders. I go to clean the bathroom as part of my job, just than the younger one, Daniel comes up to me and asks me if he can borrow my cell phone to call his mom. I had, and still do, trust issues so I said i saw the other one using a phone, That is when I found out they were brothers and Daniel said the phone was out of minutes. So I let him use the phone and I went into the bathroom to clean it thinking I just lost my phone. When I am done cleaning the bathroom, Nick is standing outside the door with my phone in his hand. He asked me when I got done with work. I told him I got done at 10pm which was 15 minutes away. he said they were going home and he would be there for 10 for me to call him , he had already put his number in my phone. I said "OK" but had no intentions of calling him because I honestly didn't think he liked me. I didn't think there was any way for someone as nice as he seemed to like a screw up like me. Ten O'clock comes and I am still working finishing up the dishes the manager asked me to do. I get a phone call at 10:10 pm just as I clock out, it was Nick.

Nick asked why I didn't call him at 10 and I told him I just clocked out. We talked for four hours that night. We talked everyday for 2 weeks before I actually agreed to go out with him. We spent so much time together it was awesome. We were together for 4 months before I found out I was pregnant. I found out on Oct 30, 2005. He was at a Halloween party with his brother and staying at his mom's that night so I called him and told him I needed to talk to him. He said "Don't tell me your pregnant too". I was shocked by his reply but still asked what he meant by "too". That is when I found out that his ex said she was pregnant by him from the times he went over to see his daughter. It turned out she was pregnant but not by him. He told me that we weren't ready for a baby for me to get an abortion and we can try later. I told him "I'm not getting an abortion I will have this baby with or without you but I prefer with you". We were still together and a few days later after dealing with the ex he started showing excitement for our baby. He was doing work at his mom's house and with his dad so he was staying at his mom's for a few days. We talked on the phone every night until I fell asleep. My work schedule changed I was now going to work at 6 am. On November 4th at 11 p, he called me. We talked until 1 am the morning of the 5th. He told me he would call me when he woke up and if i couldn't answer he would leave a message because he knew I would be working.

The day goes by and it was getting close to the end of my shift and still no phone call. I just figured he was busy. Laura the girl that was with Nick and Daniel the first day I met them was now working at Taco Bell also. She came in early for her shift and asked me for my phone. I asked "why?" She told me in an angry tone " Because he always answers the phone when you call for some reason" so I gave he my phone to call him. She called and got no answer. She looked worried so I asked her what was going on. That is when I realized I really didn't want to ever live without him, but there was a good possibility I just might. Laura told me " As I was coming to work I passed by the road his house is on and there was a lot of smoke and fire trucks. I am trying to find out what happened but no one is answering the phone." She told the manger she wanted to go home and check on her brother Nick. She told me she would call me when she found out what was going on. I thanked her. The manager asked me if I would stay until she came back, I said I would. He told me I could keep my phone on me and when it rang I could answer it. About 30 minutes later I get a call from Laura and it was the worst call I think I ever got. She was crying so hard I couldn't make out what she was saying. I told her I wish I could have been there with her and she gets angry then yells, "Why? He's dead!" I was in the back of Taco Bell when I took the call and I just screamed "NO!" I could be heard clearly in the dining room area. The manager runs back to see what was wrong. He takes my phone as I sink to my knees and rock back and forth saying softly  "No, not Nick". November 5, 2005 I lost my first love. Honestly what kept me from sinking into depression real bad after the news was the fact that I was pregnant with our baby. A piece of him continued to live on and helped me continue to live.


Writing my first love was something that was hard for me. I don't talk about it. I lost him to a house fire. His mother also passed away in the fire that day. They were the only two at his mom's house when the fire started. A gas propane tank blew.

R.I.P
Nicholas W. Munds
11/24/83-11/5/05

Related posts:
Day 1
Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment