Wednesday, October 21, 2015

5 problems with social media.

let me start off by saying that is blog is day 1 of a 30 day writing challenge I chose to do. Everything that is stated within this challenge are my thoughts and opinions. feel free to comment your thoughts and opinions if you like. As I do this challenge some of the things I blog about will give you a deeper idea of the person behind the blog.  With that being said on with the challenge....


  1. One thing I think is problem with social media is that it makes it easier for people to bully other people. I can remember when your bullies were all local and usually someone you knew or at least seen. Now with social media someone in a different state that you can tell you that "your ugly" and "you should go kill yourself". When I was bullied as a kid all they did was chase me home and on occasion beat my ass. Today with the help of social media the bullies now attack with mental abuse with I feel is a lot worst than getting my ass beat by a bully.
  2. The second thing  I think is a problem with social media kind of goes hand in hand with the first one. It has to do with people no longer have any privacy. Social media makes it easier to be found by those you don't want to be found by. I know that can cause disagreements and people saying "Don't be on social media then". The thing is a good thing about it is it helps new and upcoming authors and artists network and they can do this under a pseudonym. With people hacking social media accounts it makes keep some aspects private.
  3. The third thing I think is a problem with social media is that it makes people less personable. instead of picking up the phone and talking to someone or writing a snail mail letter with all your thoughts in it. People post all their drama for everyone to see and comment on. why would anyone want the whole world to know about all the "he said she said" drama in or life. or if you got "beef" with someone, Do what they used to do when I was a kid...say it to their face. 
  4. number 4 is along the line of number 3. People perceive what others write on social media the way they want to. It seems to me lately that people make things out of nothing these days just so they have something to talk about.
  5. I honestly can't think of a fifth problem of social media cause I am not like a lot of people I know and on it all day. I use it mostly for business purposes and to keep in touch with some of my friends that live in other states that i can't call for one reason or another.
this ends my challenge for day 1. I hope enjoyed reading and please check out tomorrow's topic of my challenge "your earliest memory"


No comments:

Post a Comment