Saturday, October 24, 2015

Day 4: Ten interesting facts about myself

Day 4 is Ten interesting facts about myself. I will state the fact, than explain the fact the best I can. I hope you are enjoying these as much as I am writing them.


  1. I have the same number of children as my father does: My father had a total of eight children between two Marriages. First marriage they had 5 children and with my mom he had three. There was a total of 5 boys and 3 girls. He had a son pass away. Tommy was 21 when he passed away in 1975. I also have eight children, and married twice. I have 5 girls and 3 boys. I also had a son pass away. Christian was 1 year, 4 months, and 26 days when he passed away 17 yrs ago.
  2. I don't own any mirrors and prefer it that way: I have an extreme dislike for mirrors, I also dislike having my picture taken for the most part. To be complete honest, I feel my dislike comes from being told I was worthless growing up. Back then my self-esteem was very low and I hated how I look. I still don't think I am all that pretty on the outside but what is on the inside makes up where I lack in looks. I got so used to doing things without looking in a mirror that I honestly don't see a reason to have them anymore. I believe another reason I don't like looking in the mirror is because I am told I look just like  my mom and she passed away when I was five.
  3. When I get the urge to self-harm I get a tattoo instead:  When I was younger and couldn't get tattoos  due to being under the age of 18, I would burn myself whenever I hated myself which was a lot. I did have an escape (which is number 4) but there were times I thought of suicide. usually those times I attempted and I failed every time. I have a few scars to show for it. I also attempted in ways that didn't leave physical scars. I got my first tattoo when I was 18 ( I'll go into my tattoos more on day 7). It hasn't been to lately that I was about to get a tattoo whenever I had the urge to self-harm. I find it as a way for me to get the release that self-harm gives me while still doing something socially accepted. 
  4. I started playing Music when I was five: After mom passed away i felt so alone and I wanted to do something that connected me to the only one I thought ever loved me ( I still feel like she is the only one who will ever love me). My dad bought my mom an Organ before she got real sick with Cancer. She used to play all the time.  One day I was missing her more than usual, I was maybe five and a half,  so I sit down at the organ and tapped the keys. I didn't even have it turned on. My dad came over turned it on for me and asked me if I wanted to learn to play it, I said I did and he got me lessons. They started the next week. I learned how to play the organ very well I even played the organ for Church a few Sundays when I was 12. I also learned how to play the piano which wasn't that hard since I already knew how to read music and been playing the Organ. When I was in the 4th grade I participated in the music program and learned how to play the Violin. I really enjoyed the violin and my dad got me lessons for that as well. I don't remember how I met Mr. Gross, but I do remember he was the Music teacher in the Junior high I would be going to when old enough. When I was in the 5th grade I was going to my Junior high school early in the morning before school to practice with the Junior High orchestra. I even got out of classes to go to the concerts they put on and I was still in elementary school. I joined the choir in Elementary School as well. I was in the Choir until I got to High School. When I was in Junior High I was in the Orchestra plus the High School Marching band. I started playing guitar while I was in High School as well continuing with the organ, piano and violin. When I was 16 I played the violin at a festival here, I played Devil went Down to Georgia by memory. It was awesome. I had "old-timers", people playing for many years invite me onto the stage with them to play with them. When I was 17 I started my own band and it didn't go well because everyone else in the band wasn't as serious as I was. I was writing my own songs at this time too. Not just lyrics but the music as well. I still play today just not as much as I used to.
  5. I am a huge horror fan: I can't tell you what exactly got me into the horror scene. I can say I am glad I was introduced to horror. I grew in the 70's and 80's. the movies weren't like they are today and I used to watch a lot of older movies as well. I would read Stephen King as much as possible. Growing up I got his books as soon as a new one came out. I had a nice collection of his books. I later got into horror core rap, that happened when I watched wrestling one day (I am a big wrestling fan also) and I saw the members of ICP wrestling. I ran out to the mall and bought everything the store had from them. I still enjoy all the music I grew up with including country, classical and rock but my love is horror core. 
  6. I am Spiritual not religious: this is a touchy subject to talk about so I will start by giving the definition of Spiritual-  of, relating to, or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.and now the definition of religiousrelating to or believing in a religion. I believe in a Higher Power, something greater than me. Do I believe the beliefs of religions such as Christianity no not really. I believe in the common sense parts of it like thou shall not kill, though shall not commit adultery and honor thy mother and father. If you think about it those just basically state you should have respect for others and you should be that way no matter who you are or what you believe. I'm not really going to get into it to deep, i will say that I call myself spiritual because I tend to lean more towards the ways of Native Americans and Pagans.
  7. I lost my home to Hurricane Katrina: I was living in Saint Bernard Parish near on oil refinery when the weather started getting bad and the news kept reporting the path of Hurricane Katrina. They kept us updated on the category the hurricane was as well. Saint Bernard Parish is below the sea level and just outside of New Orleans. I was living in a 1970 House trailer. it would move a lot in high winds but I wasn't to worried cause I made it through my first hurricane the year before. It was a category 2. Katrina was a category 2 when she started to head towards New Orleans. She got worst before she got to us. A day or two before she hit New Orleans they said on the news she was a category 5. They also said on the news that they highly suggest that you evacuate. I didn't want to experience a category hurricane first hand so I went to the airport with a few days worth of clothes and flew up to Shreveport, La. I don't like to fly but that was the fastest way out of there. When I arrived in Shreveport I had no where to go so I went to a shelter and told them why I was there. I was given a place in the shelter. After Katrina hit and there was so much damage back in New Orleans. I got a job and found a place to stay in Shreveport for a while. I called Fema about my trailer that I owned. They informed me that they couldn't find it there were pieces of other houses on the lot my trailer was on. They offered me money to rebuild in New Orleans. I didn't want to go back so I didn't take the money. I lost everything I owned at that time because it was all still in the trailer where ever that was.
  8. I got to experience Mardi Gras in New Orleans: In 2005 I got to experience Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras. A friend of mine Danielle , who lived in Gretna, never went to Bourbon Street for Mardi Gras. I told her I would take her. We went to the tattoo shop first on Canal Street so we could both get a tattoo. She got one that said "Silence is Violence" around her wrist and I got "Remembering Christian" added to the heart tattoo I got when my son passed away. (More about that when I talk about my tattoos on day 7 of this challenge).After the tattoos we head to Bourbon Street where there was wall to wall people. Danielle is in a wheelchair, so with all the people it was hard to get her down the street. No one would move I was being polite and kept saying excuse me. They just wouldn't move so I told her to hold on and I started ramming the wheelchair into people to make them move. That did the trick they made a path for us all the way down the street. We were headed to Razoo's, because that is where she wanted to go. We were there until 4 am when she finally wanted to go home it was a great time. 
  9. I started writing when I was in 10th grade: Growing up I did all I could to escape my fucked up life, music, reading and in the 10th grade I started writing poems and songs. I was always bored in study hall because I never had homework to do by the time I had study hall. I always had it done already. I started writing my thoughts on paper. This is how I got into writing poetry and song lyrics. I would also write the music to the lyrics when I got home. Even back then when I wrote while at home I had music playing. Now as I write stories I concentrate better when I listen to music. If I wouldn't have lost my binder of poems in Hurricane Katrina I would have over 2,000 poems and about 100 songs. Now I have about 4 copies of my writings so I never lose them again.
  10. I can be your best friend or your worst nightmare: What a lot of people don't know about me is I can be the sweetest, Kindest person ever. I will give you my last dollar and the shirt off my back if you are in need. If your hungry I feed you. Even if I am struggling myself I will help someone the best I can. The thing people don't seem to get about me though is you shouldn't mistake my kindness for weakness. Even though I can be so sweet and kind my fucked up life helped me reside on the dark side and I really like my darkness. If you ever do me dirty all respect and care for you leaves. if you back-stab me I will do the same to you so bad you will be sitting in a corner hugging yourself and saying "it's only a dream, it's only a dream". I am more that a little disturbed and I am real good friends with my demons, voices, imaginary friends and skeletons. When you fuck me over they all come out to play....which is why I say "I can be your best friend or your worst nightmare. The choice is yours"

Links to the earlier posts of this challenge:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

No comments:

Post a Comment