Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 6: Someone who Fascinates you.

Today I will be talking about someone who fascinates me and why. I want to say first that in general any and all independent artists and authors fascinate me. I find it very fascinating and inspiring to see people do most of the aspects of the business they are in by themselves. Being an indie author I know that there are just some things you can't do yourself  and have it done right. I will be focusing on explaining why one particular group fascinates me. The group I will be mentioning is the horror core rap duo Twiztid. I am fascinated by these guys for many reasons and I will touch on as many of those reasons I can without sounding redundant.

I want to say before I get into this that I will be mentioning them being on Psychopathic Records but I will not be bashing anyone and I am not writing this to talk bad about anyone. I am simply stating why they fascinate me. If you read this and feel like hating just re-read the first paragraph where I say anyone getting there hustle on with hard work in the industry and authors not only fascinate me but also inspire. If you have an opinion feel free to leave a comment. Now onto the "Why" part of my blog.

What fascinates me most about Twiztid is how far they have come in the industry. When they started out just like most people starting out in any independent venture. They weren't very popular, but they kept hustling and doing what they had to do. They got noticed by someone else (ICP)  who already had been through the ropes and was willing to help them grow as artist. Not only did they build a business relationship with them, they also became friends which I feel is rare in the industry in general but not uncommon in the underground. They started out as House of Krazees with The R.O.C. They then signed with Psychopathic Records. They were then known as Twiztid, The Demented Duo. Their fan base grew over the years. ( We are actually Fam not fans). Just like anyone else Monoxide Child and Jamie Madrox (Twiztid) evolved in the business and with the writing of lyrics. Just like a fine wine they got better with age, in my opinion. I really admire that fact that they now have There own record label, Majik Ninja Entertainment. I also admire that they are expanding business-wise with Better than Books.I like the way they do their videos more like mini movies than your usual music videos. The way they are bringing back the joy of collection limited edition things that are music related. These are all reasons I am fascinated with them. I could go on forever about how much I admire them and why they fascinate me but I don't want to sound like a broken record so I will end this now.

On Closing I do want to say that see how far they have come in the industry due to hard work and determination inspires me to keep doing what I need to, the best I can to make my dream of being an author come true. They are just regular people like you and me who had a dream and didn't stop until it was achieved and then just kept on going. I personally think they are two awesome guys that I am glad to have met even if it was briefly in V.I.P. Seeing that they have sold out shows and they are doing big things with their talents, beyond just rapping, fascinates and inspires me and well as give me motivation to keep chasing my dream.

links for the challenge:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5


No comments:

Post a Comment